MacArthur Week Programs: June 4, 2014
War Memorial Center: Memorial Hall, 3rd floor
9:00 a.m. Welcome
- Pledge of Allegiance – VCRT
9:10 a.m. “The Korean War & Coming Home”
- Panel Discussion: Dr. Louis DiMarco, Sherman Fleek; Professor Ray Moore, Amherst College, Amherst, MA, James Zobel & Stephen Bridges, Consul General of Great Britain – Chicago
11:30 a.m. Kiwanis Luncheon
“Naval Forces in the Pacific in 1941 and Worldwide Today – Comparative Analysis”
- Eric Wertheim, Defense Consultant, Author & Columnist, U.S. Navy Institute, Annapolis, MD
- Co-sponsored by the Navy League Milwaukee Council
3:00 p.m.“Return to Milwaukee, MacArthur Square, Marquette Honorary Degree Ceremony and Parade Tour of Milwaukee”
- Panel Discussion: James Zobel, Louis DiMarco and Sherman Fleek
“Advisor to Presidents Eisenhower, Kennedy & Johnson; Return to West Point; Birthday Meetings with West Point Cadets”
- David Schenk, Editor, 2014 MacArthur booklet.
6:00 p.m. Movie: “Emperor”
- Starring Tommy Lee Jones in Memorial Hall, War Memorial Center; public is invited with free admission, water and popcorn.